Friday, December 22, 2006

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

So I bought Christmas Cards this year way the fuck back in October. I was all excited because I got an early start on holiday cheer and giving.

These cards, which have the classic claymation Rudolph on them, are still sitting in my dresser drawer, unopened.

I'm sorry, but my laziness is sometimes overwhelming. BUT fear not, for if you are reading this, consider it your own PERSONALIZED holiday greeting card. It's actually more of an obscure Christmas movie reference than a holiday greeting card, but I hope that it brings you fond memories of Christmas past.



DO YOU REMEMBER THIS MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!



ANYONE?
This truly is a great Christmas movie. When I think of the excitement leading up to a magical Christmas, this is the movie I think of. It is, by far, the most accurate representation of the North Pole and Santa's workshop in the Christmas cannon. Also, it was made in 1984 so its got the 80's street cred we all look for in holiday classics.
My gift to you, loyal blog readers, is this movie. No, I'm not going to buy it for you--but I'm informing you of it if you've never heard of it; and if you have heard of it, I'm reintroducing it to you.
WATCH IT ON TV:
Monday, December 25th (Christmas...)
Hallmark Channel
1pm and 11pm
***Looking on IMDB...I'm a little disappointed with these comments made by viewers:
THE NIGHT THEY SAVED CHRISTMAS has to be one of the most annoying movies ever-(made-for TV or otherwise). The storyline is really insipid, the performances-with all due respect to Art Carney-are unbelievably bad.
A real good-for-nothing holiday non-classic.
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 can't even salvage this one.
Rating: 1/4 * out of *****


Hmmm...It's been a while since I've seen it--I hope I'm not horribly disappointed and disillusioned at 1pm Christmas day...

Let me know what you think.

Happy Holiday's!!!

No comments: