Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I am, indeed, in mourning.

Yesterday, when I got off the plane from New Orleans, I spent more time waiting for the car service to pick me up than I did on the plane. In that time I waited with a very classy woman named Dorris. She had some sort of 1/2 British-Madonna accent that made her sound extremely dignified and pretentious--you know she has spent years perfecting it as to disguise her unimpressive American accent. She did succeed, however, in proving her high status position.



Dorris: Tomorrow is a national holiday for the mourning of President Ford.

Me: Ooooh, I wonder if I'll get time and a half at work!

Dorris: (pause. smile.) That's not the right attitude.


Yeah, it's probably not the right attitude. But I still want to know if I'm getting time and a half!


That being said, here is this blog's tribute to our former president.



I bet Dorris didn't publish a picture of him photoshopped in front of an American flag on her blog! Did you Dorris?!?!?

What an unpatriotic bitch.

No comments: