Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hey Paula

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I, a very long time ago, was a HUGE Paula Abdul fan. Huge. I would dance around my living room with equal parts vigor, bulk and confidence that most likely resembled a blind schizophrenic on crack with little boy man boobs. But I was in heaven, dancing and singing along to Straight Up Now Tell Me, or Cold Hearted Snake, or the lesser known, but amazing song, Promise of a New Day.

She was the third concert I ever attended (my first two being equally sad and pathetic: Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston). I thoroughly enjoyed it though; the climax of the show was her falling backwards off a 10-foot platform into the arms of her dancers. A trust fall!!! I mean, brilliant choreography.

And then she went crazy.




There are 2 things that are hilariously sad about this clip.

a. Her assistants are blatantly entertained by her devastation.

b. She is this upset over the BRATZ movie. The most idiotic, soul-deadening movie to be released this year. I mean it's a movie based on slutty dolls, and this was her big creative passion?

What a mess she's turned into. She wasn't always crazy, though. She's gotta get back to what she knows best.

Dancing with the cartoon MC Skat Kat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Promise of a New Day. Remember how the video was shot with that weird vertical lense? What was that about?