Thursday, August 02, 2007

Learn To Laugh, People!!

Life is too short not to laugh at the absurdities that are thrown are way: tripping up the stairs, burning dinner, cancer. If we all learned to laugh with (or at) ourselves and our lives, we'll be much happier.

Tonight I was walking in the times square subway station (a place where aggression and frustration run rampant) and stopped to listen to this kick ass band consisting of 3 cellos and a bongo. I forget their name, or rather never learned it, but I did sign up to be on their email list; I'll let you know when they have a concert.

On my way up to sign the email list, this man crossed right in front of me. As he rushed past me, I stepped on the back of his flip flop (my feet tend to gravitate towards the backs of flip flops...). He kept walking, but when I looked down, his flip flop was still under my foot. I stole his flip flop!!!! I said sorry and laughed at the random, absurd moment we just shared, but I was the only one laughing. When I looked up and saw him walking towards me with only one flip flop, instead of greeting me with a smile and a "flip flops are craaaazy" type look, he grunted in exasperation, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" Then awkwardly put his foot back into said flip flop and stomped away towards the train.

Did I inconvenience him that much? I don't think so. Maybe I did. I bet his night would have been a tad bit better though if he just laughed about it.

Speaking of laughing, this Onion video is hilarious; it might be my favorite so far. So laugh and enjoy your laughing.

And read the first joke on the bottom crawl, cuz it's mine, bitches!


NASCAR Coach Reveals Winning Strategy: 'Drive Fast'

1 comment:

Justin said...

Oh you didn't. NASCAR represents everything that is pure and holy in this messed up world.