Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's awkward when...

You say "you're welcome" to someone and then realize they never said "Thank you" to begin with.

It seems to happen to me at work alot--as I'm hanging up with a customer, I automatically say "you're welcome" after they have said "have a nice day" or "ok, bye". I hang up quickly so the awkward moment doesn't linger.

Ya know what though? these people SHOULD say 'Thank You.' It's common courtesy.

Next time, I'm just going to keep repeating "You're welcome....ahem....You're welcome...you. are. welcome" until they finally say "thank you", and then hang up. Yeah. That'll be super awkward...but worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See I always do the opposite, i ALWAYS say thank you, and people are usually like "umm...for what?"

weeeiirrrddd man