Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Latest Reasons I am a Giant Douchebag

1. I forgot my keys to my apartment (which I moved into less than a week ago) and was locked out at 2 am. 2 of my roommates were home and sleeping, but had their phones turned off. Our doorbell does not work. I called my other roommate, Brian, who was at his girlfriend's.

The remedy: catching a cab to take me to Brian to get his keys. Huzzah for spending $12 I don't have on something completely avoidable.

The Kicker: Brian and I split a cab back to Astoria in the first place; before Brian was dropped off at his girlfriend's, I thought to myself, "Hmm, I should check to make sure I have my keys in case I forgot them."

2. Last night I did laundry and managed to throw 1/2 my clothes in a dryer with a blue pen still in one of my pockets.

The Result: 1/2 my clothes (a majority of the shirts I wear) have blue ink stains all over them. They are now sitting in a pile in my room, next to boxes yet to be unpacked, awaiting the trash or some Martha Stewart miracle.

The Kicker: When I took my clothes out of the washer and moved them over to the dryer, a pen cap fell out and I thought to myself, "Hmm, there is probably a pen in one of the pockets."

I should probably learn a lesson from all this. I'm not quite sure what it is yet though.

The positives of my douchiness:
1. on the way to pick up the keys from Brian, I got to witness a pretty kick ass accident between a van and a van cab

2. I have a legitimate reason to buy new clothes. Yay for my gap card...

1 comment:

Katie said...

If you are a douchebag, then I want to be cleansed!
Um. Did I just write that?
I love you.
And you are hilarious!