Thursday, February 01, 2007

a wee bit pissed.

this is NOT my weemee.



Have you seen this new phenomenon on Instant Messenger?? They are called WeeMees. Little cartoons you can design and use as your buddy icon. You can pick different hair styles, clothes, shoes, hats, glasses, drinks, backgrounds etc. All day, more and more people at work have had these little tykes pop up next to their screen names. They are taking over the world, people!
Between myspace and the blue tooth, I really think this might be the next step in our evolution of becoming borg people. I'm kind of opposed to it, but it's the perfect way to kill a good 1/2 hour of your time. Besides, if borg people take over the world, I want to be a part of it. I decided to keep mine naked, though--in protest (in actuality, I just forgot to put clothes on it, and decided to keep it). In any case, my WeeMee is free and all natural--save for earmuffs, a scarf, gloves and a leaf over his junk. He has a little dancing penguin friend standing next to him...clearly, why wouldn't he?

I would be able to show you all of this, but I can't figure out a way to get the image of my WeeMee on here. I've spent a good 2 hours trying to figure out how to share it with the blogging world to no avail. I also can't figure out how to make the little guy appear full size on my IM box. Right now, it just looks like a WeeMee headshot in the lower corner. Ugh, when we do become borg people I am going to be a mess! I won't know what to do---there will probably be some new technological way of breathing and I'll be shit out of luck, trying to fidget with some sort of doo-hicky application on an ipod, slowly suffocating to death.



I know there has got to be some sort of WeeMee expert out there to help me! Where are you?!


She could probably help.




Meet Celia Francis, the CEO of WeeWorld. She is leading the company as it "embarks on a period of global expansion through strategic alliances, partnerships and presence around the world."


That's all well and good, Celia, but how can I get the damn WeeMee on my blog so I can show my handful of readers what I did with a 1/2 hour of my life today!?

1 comment:

geoff hmarks said...

Another way to spend a half hour of your life is to look up everyone you met the night before on myspace and/or through mutual friends blogs.