Friday, April 13, 2007

Today, I was peed on

The title of this post pretty much says it all.

I was in CT at the restaurant my sister works at and I went to use the little boys room. I was peeing at the urinal when a man walks up to the urinal next to me. I hear him unzip and then all of a sudden I hear pee hit the floor next to my shoe and feel a little splash on my lower pant leg.
Who misses a urinal?? I mean, sure, when peeing into a toilet, you got at least 1-2 feet (depending on how tall you are and the size of your hooha) between you and the bowl. There is some skill involved. I have been known to miss the toilet on occasion, peeing a little bit on the side; no big deal. But a urinal? There is no aim involved. You could do it with out even holding your hooha if you were so inclined.

To all you ladies out there who have never peed in a urinal, there is literally no way you can miss. A urinal surrounds the entire area your pee could possibly go. Which leads me to believe (just right now, as I'm writing this) that it was intentional. I think this man purposely peed on me. Ugh. That's a kick in the balls.

I'm not a very confrontational person, so I didn't say anything to him...
Is that bad? Should I be embarrassed? I mean, at the time I thought it was just a bizarre accident, so what would it have accomplished if I had said, "umm...I think you just peed on me..." He would have said "sorry" and then there would be an uncomfortable silence while we finished peeing and, I'm sorry, I don't need any more awkward silences in my life. They are annoying and, well, uncomfortable.

I decided to let it go. Maybe being peed on, intentional or not, should be filed under things you don't "let go" but at this moment it was the best option. Judge me how you will.

I didn't say anything when I got back from the bathroom either. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it. Is that embarrassing? What does it mean that some stranger's urine trickled on my pant leg and I wasn't all that phased by it?

Upon reflection, the possible reactions I could have had:

1. Turned to look at him and said, "You just peed on me. (smile) I like that."
2. Shake my leg and say, "eeeeeewwwwwwww"
3. Slam my hand on the wall and grunt, "God damnit, that's the second time today"

All would have been entertaining and fun.

Ah well, next time I suppose!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'd bet money that we've all been peed on at least 1x in our lives and just haven't realized it. You, Corey Johnson, had the sixth sense to see it happening and call it out. On your blog. Brave man.