Friday, June 23, 2006

Update on the shenanigans of 5C

So I come home tonight, climb the stairs, reach the fifth floor, but instead of finding a clear path to my apartment door, I see a pile of crap. Not feces, but someone's actual belongings: a big blue duffel bag stuffed with clothes, a backpack, Chinese food leftovers in a half open Styrofoam box and a gateway laptop--all hastily piled in our tiny little hallway. Clearly there has been more drama in 5C!!

I step over the shit and fumble with my keys, desperately trying to get in my apartment before having to deal with whoever's shit this is. I almost make it. I'm searching for the right key, when all of a sudden, my door slowly and kinda creepily opens for me--like magic. My roommate Courtney was standing at the door trying to get a glimpse of the action and saw me struggling. I step in my apartment as the dude (I'm assuming the one who doesn't know why he lives there) opens his door and comes out. If I wasn't so disoriented and confused, I could have taken a leisurely time to look around in hopes of seeing a disheveled apartment, or someone in tears. At this point, though, it was too late.
When I get in the door and take off my ipod, Courtney gives me the rundown.
According to Courtney:
-The dude comes home and there is some arguing.
-Bronwyn asks, "Are you DRUNK?"
-a slap is heard.
We are not certain who received the slap and who delivered it.
-The old lady staying with them screams a bit
(apparently Courtney has mingled with Bronwyn on occasion and learned that the dude's mom was staying with them for a while)
-More arguing.
-Door opens and he starts throwing his stuff in the hallway.

By the time I get the order of events and take another look out the peephole, all the stuff in the hallway is gone. The whirlwind had passed, and left in it's wake... A broken home.

Maybe I should go over and see if Bronwyn needs some comforting; a shoulder to cry on, or hug. Maybe I'll just let the mother-in-law take care of that and go to bed

1 comment:

Carolyn Baccaro said...

When you name your child Bronwyn stuff like that is just inevitable.