Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am in the house...

My roommates and I were flipping through channels last night and came across the new Disney Show, "Cory in the House."

Whaaaaat?

Okay, first of all, they spelled my name wrong. Second of all, what in God's good name is this?

There was a brief concern that this may actually be a reality show that has hidden camera footage of me bumming around my apartment--watching TV in my underwear, going to the bathroom, sleeping, etc. This, however, was not the case. No, the stuff they actually put on TV is far far worse. Take a look at the opening credits--You will begin to understand what this show is about.

Yeah. Cory's dad gets hired as the Presidents personal chef and they move into the White House. Cory lives in the White House. Clever, no? And, oh how this series is ripe with an unimaginable amount of situation comedy. For one, Cory has to contend with the hijinks of the President's adorably bratty 8 year old daughter; he also must grow accustomed to the stuffy air of private school that is so foreign to his urban upbringing. The possibilities are endless.

Upon further research, I was very surprised to learn that this is not an original idea birthed from a nebula of comedic minds--but, rather, a spin-off of That's So Raven. It's hard to believe that something with such originality, depth and promise is a spin-off. Let's hope that in the land of spin-offs, this is more of a Frasier, than a Joey.

Ya know, talking about this show is getting my creative juices flowing. I think I want to pitch an idea that the Disney Channel might enjoy:

Okay, the show would be me taking a huge crap in a brown paper bag and each week I would light it on fire and throw it at a different TV executive's face. We can call it Corey Shits in the Bag (and then throws it at a TV executive's face)

I will sell this idea for a pilot for no less than 1 million dollars. Commence your bidding.

1 comment:

bdkennedy said...

So you're saying that you're NOT "the official candidate for having fun?"