Thursday, January 04, 2007

mmm...

If you've talked to me at all today you know the exciting news:

I got Olive Garden for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, it's pretty sad, not to mention super lame that this makes me so excited. It makes me even sadder and supremely lame to then go ahead and post a blog about it; honestly though, this is literally the best thing that's happened to me today. Knowing I was going to order Olive Garden gave me a purpose to get out of bed this morning. And besides, read the description of this blog--I'm fulfilling my mission.



That's right folks, straight from the succulent adds on TV to my mouth: Stuffed Rigatoni with Grilled chicken in a delightful cream sauce. Let me repeat that: Stuffed rigatoni. 3 kinds of cheeses in those tubes. No more plain, hollow rigatoni for me. I can't even believe I used to eat that shit. Who likes pasta stuffed with air?!

AND to add to the splendor of this, there is enough for me to get dinner out of it too!!!!!

I know what you're thinking, "Whoa, Mr. Moneybags!! Eating like royalty today, are we?" and "What village did you rape and pillage in order to be able to afford The Olive Garden?" The answers to these questions lie in the two most glorious words spoken by man:

Gift Card.

I had an $11 gift card I had gotten for Easter last year. (we are not religious and don't really celebrate Easter, however my mom still likes to give us presents and who am I to stop her? She had told my sister to put $15 on the gift card, but Katie only had $11 dollars on her. She bought the card and then my mom gave me the difference in cash.)

For $7 (the difference of what the card didn't cover--$18 for a lunch?!?!? that's crazy talk, olive garden!) I got a huge salad, bread sticks, and the delicious entree pictured above. Lunch and dinner. Done and done.

I hope your jealousy doesn't overshadow the joy you should feel for me.

1 comment:

geoff hmarks said...

Wow. You are a regula gormand. Hospitaliano.